Question

Trying to export a weekly insight to CSV

• 29 June 2020
  • 6 replies

Hi everyone, 

I am trying to automate a weekly export to CSV using integromat. First step is trying to verify the data using postman. It is a relatively simple report. Basically user logins for a specific org broken down by email id.

When I test using postman, im not sure how I would add the filter for the last 7 days. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

6 replies

Is anyone able to offer any advice?

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@TarikAli  — I can see that you have already applied the data filter to your insights report — so the CSV export will only include data for events within that timeframe (the last 7 days).

Are you trying to create the same query within postman? 

@TarikAli  — I can see that you have already applied the data filter to your insights report — so the CSV export will only include data for events within that timeframe (the last 7 days).

Are you trying to create the same query within postman? 

Hi Cherise, 

Thanks for the reply, yes I am trying to create the same query. Sorry im quite new at this.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@TarikAli —

I’m not very familiar with Postman, but it looks like they have a community and since this is a query you are building on their product they would be best equipped to help you find an answer!

Out of curiosity, is there a reason that you are trying to validate the data after you export? I’d advise that since these are two different platforms, the two data sets would not be comparing apples to apples and it is likely you would see differences. Even in cases where the goal of the data set is the same, and they are implemented in your code source with the exact same parameters and limitations it is possible that there would be nuanced differences due to the ways that the two systems handle the data (ie ad blockers, bots, etc).

@TarikAli —

I’m not very familiar with Postman, but it looks like they have a community and since this is a query you are building on their product they would be best equipped to help you find an answer!

Out of curiosity, is there a reason that you are trying to validate the data after you export? I’d advise that since these are two different platforms, the two data sets would not be comparing apples to apples and it is likely you would see differences. Even in cases where the goal of the data set is the same, and they are implemented in your code source with the exact same parameters and limitations it is possible that there would be nuanced differences due to the ways that the two systems handle the data (ie ad blockers, bots, etc).

Im just trying to automate exporting the csv on a weekly basis and trying to validate the response using postman initially as it didnt seem to be working in integromat. 

If you can offer another solution for extracting this automatically once a week, then Id be all ears. 

thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@TarikAli — Mixpanel is not designed to continuously export and I’d definitely encourage you to use the analytics features to best understand your data! That said, if you set up a cron bot to extract the data, it is certainly possible so long as you do not hit our export API rate limits

Mixpanel