Solved

Mailchimp & Mixpanel - setting up triggered emails from MC based on MP data

• 20 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello all, with Mixpanel’s Messaging feature going away at the end of the year, we are looking at using Mailchimp to send our triggered emails for app onboarding & reactivation. I’ve never used mailchimp but have used many other ESPs. However I am quite stumped on where to go with setting up the integration, assigning tags (or do I need segments?) to imported contacts & behavioral data, oh basically everything! I’ve done the actual integration, (appears to be successfully connected) but I’m not sure what’s next.

Has anyone in this community set up Mixpanel with Mailchimp and have tips for how to get started, what to look out for, etc? Or have an agency or consultant they can refer us to, so it gets set up RIGHT and will have me ready to hit the ground running with my messages?  Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Filip Nedelkovski 3 August 2021, 09:34

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@Josh_EnvisionDigital @Outliant @Filip Nedelkovski @Muffaddal Qutbuddin is this something you can support with?

Badge

​Hey @ericaf 

Great question! I have previous experience with exporting Mixpanel cohorts in Mailchimp. 

Since you already integrated Mailchimp with Mixpanel, the next step would be to create Cohorts and export them to Mailchimp. I would recommend you to use the dynamic sync feature. That way, audiences in Mailchimp will update automatically every 15 mins. 

Please, check this article - https://help.mixpanel.com/hc/en-us/articles/360057106912-Mailchimp-Integration

If you need any additional help, feel free to contact me. 

Best, 
Filip