Solved

Issues with Facebook Ads export

  • 28 October 2020
  • 6 replies
  • 51 views

Badge +2

Hi there,

I’m running into a few problems exporting and with dynamic sync. Each of the following is an error with at least one or more cohorts:

  1. error: “Dialing context cancelled”
  2. error: “(#200) the current user cannot update the audience ...”
  3. a new cohort I’m sending to facebook ads using dynamic sync containing 400 users is taking over 24hrs to process

How can I fix this issue?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by bharathy 28 October 2020, 23:11

Hi Arshia,

I am Bharath, an engineer on the Mixpanel Infra Team. It looks like you have synced these cohorts before but the permissions issue started to happen recently. Has the user permissions on your fb account changed? Can you please disconnect and reconnect your integration. If this still doesn’t help please let me know we can setup a brief call to have a look at your permissions and resolve this issue for you. 

Thank You,

 

Regards,

Bharath Y

 

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Arshia,

I am Bharath, an engineer on the Mixpanel Infra Team. It looks like you have synced these cohorts before but the permissions issue started to happen recently. Has the user permissions on your fb account changed? Can you please disconnect and reconnect your integration. If this still doesn’t help please let me know we can setup a brief call to have a look at your permissions and resolve this issue for you. 

Thank You,

 

Regards,

Bharath Y

 

Badge +2

Hi @bharathy,

I didn’t change the fb user permissions on my end. Actually I’m not sure what that entails. What happens with my existing audiences inside of Facebook if I disconnect and reconnect? Just want to make sure things don’t get messy and that there’s no ad issues.

 

Thank you 

Userlevel 1

The current cohort syncs wouldn’t get effected in any way. They are in a paused state right now. we will pick up the latest cohort user membership  to sync when the connection is back up again. 

Badge +2

Great, looks like it’s working now. Assuming it’ll be good to go moving forward, if not I’ll shoot you a message.

Thanks for the help!

Userlevel 1

Hey @arshia93,

I do not know if you already noticed the new integrations UI  features. But you can look at the current state of syncs by clicking on the integrations boxes. 

Go to Integrations Page => click on  “Facebook Ads” under integrations => you will see a list of cohorts syncing => you can click on individual cohorts to get the history of the syncs per cohort. 

Thank You, 

regards,

Bharath Y

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Thanks for hopping in @bharathy to help @arshia93 get back on track! :relaxed:

Reply