Question

How to enable tracking beyond event name and time

• 7 September 2020
  • 8 replies

Hi, I’m tracking events using Mixpanel and I can only see Event Name and Time in the live view. How do I enable seeing other data such as ip, browser, city, etc.? 

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hello,

Are you doing client or server side tracking?

On server-side, you will be limited in the amount of information. You need to specific the IP for example.

Hello,

Are you doing client or server side tracking?

On server-side, you will be limited in the amount of information. You need to specific the IP for example.

Client side. It’s a reactjs app. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Okay, you should see everything. Any special config in your mixpanel.init()?

I don’t think so. This is how it’s initialized: 

var Mixpanel = require('mixpanel');
export var mixpanel = Mixpanel.init('my_id');

These two lines are in their own Mixpanel.js file, and it’s imported to the other pages, which then call .track events. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

You can intercept queries done by mixpanel in chrome inspector. Data is encoded in base 64.

You can intercept queries done by mixpanel in chrome inspector. Data is encoded in base 64.

I’m not sure I understand. What I need it to have this information in the reports generated on Mixpanel’s dashboard. 

I’m still unable to see anything other than event name and time. Is there no solution? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hey @eithco, 

I’m referring to my last question.

When you send an event with Mixpanel, you can see this event being sent through the google chrome inspector. The payload of the event is encoded is base64.

The request url is https://api-js.mixpanel.com/track/

I was wondering if in the payload, the missing information where here. If yes, errors comes from Mixpanel.

Mixpanel