Solved

How do I get all events to show up in breakdown?

• 29 January 2020
  • 1 reply

I have a search field in my website and I want to track the search terms people use and how many times. So if someone searches “product” twice, I want to see that word with 2 searches. Similarly, if 3 people search for “product” I want to see that word with 3 more searches. I am able to drill down on an individual user to see those details, but my report is not showing all searches.

I’ve attached a screen grab where you can see there are 15 Toolkit search events, but there were 105 events. What do I need to do with my Report setup to see all of those searches?

icon

Best answer by stephanie 30 January 2020, 20:09

Hi @amy.k,

I am not sure if I am understanding your question. It sounds like on your website, users can do searches and the term that was searched is captured as an event property called query. I am understanding that you would like a breakdown of every event that has a query property(search terms) attached to it? If so, there is an option to click “All Events” as your first event and then you can breakdown the event by the query event property. Further, you can look at specific events by adding additional event steps. For example, you can look at “All Events” + “Toolkit search” event to compare.

Does this help achieve what you are looking for? If not, would you mind elaborating more on your use case?

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @amy.k,

I am not sure if I am understanding your question. It sounds like on your website, users can do searches and the term that was searched is captured as an event property called query. I am understanding that you would like a breakdown of every event that has a query property(search terms) attached to it? If so, there is an option to click “All Events” as your first event and then you can breakdown the event by the query event property. Further, you can look at specific events by adding additional event steps. For example, you can look at “All Events” + “Toolkit search” event to compare.

Does this help achieve what you are looking for? If not, would you mind elaborating more on your use case?