Solved

Cohort not syncing

• 13 July 2021
  • 4 replies

• New Participant
  • 2 replies

I created a small cohort to test syncing into OneSignal. The cohort has 3 users, but none of them are getting synced to OneSignal. What am I missing?

icon

Best answer by ian 21 July 2021, 16:34

@zupo When using the calls (people.set) here, that should be setting the $onesignal_user_id on your users whether you’re using the External User Id or the Player Id.

Additionally, if you have these ID’s from One Signal exported out and know where to match it in Mixpanel, these properties can be imported in as well but the above link is to programmatically automate it.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi there,

You’ll want to make sure you have the $onesignal_user_id as a user property.  You can read more about it here.

Ian

@ian Can I somehow set $onesignal_user_id automatically, for every user? 

My use case is moving from deprecated Mixpanel Messages to OneSignal. I don’t have/want OneSignal integration in all my projects, I just want to use them as a messages provider. So, ideally, I’d want all Mixpanel profiles to be synced to OneSignal automatically.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@zupo When using the calls (people.set) here, that should be setting the $onesignal_user_id on your users whether you’re using the External User Id or the Player Id.

Additionally, if you have these ID’s from One Signal exported out and know where to match it in Mixpanel, these properties can be imported in as well but the above link is to programmatically automate it.

That is the thing: we don’t use OneSignal’s SDK, we don’t have any users in OneSignal. I want to export users from Mixpanel to OneSignal.

This is how Mixpanel to Mailchimp integration works. You export a cohort from Mixpanel to create users in Mailchimp. I’d like to understand if the OneSignal integration can be configured to work the same way.

Mixpanel