Question

Appcues --> Mixpanel Integration

• 9 August 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Has anyone tried to build a custom API between Mixpanel and other Products? We self host Mixpanel thus most pre built API does not work and I was wondering for others that self host how they have navigated integrating Mixpanel with other products?

1 reply

Badge

Hello there @cpellows! At my company we have an integration with Segment, however this did take some engineering resources to help us build it such as logic and using Segments Library along with Mixpanel's library.

I have some follow up questions on your integration. Do you want data from Mixpanel inbound to Appcue or Appcue data outbound to Mixpanel? The reason I ask is that it sounds like Appcue primarily sends data outbound to third party intergrations (video here).

I was able to do some digging and I found this Intergrations Overview and Integration List from Appcue, it was is helpful in sharing what you can do with Appcue and connecting it with Mixpanel. After looking at the video, it sounds like you can integrate Appcue data outbound into Mixpanel by clicking a button under their setting integration dashboard. In the case that you do have developer resources, it looks like Appcue also has a library for Analytics and Intergrations. Sorry if this is not what you are looking for, but I hope the resources I provided are helpful!