Question

Silent Push Notifications

• 5 November 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello!

I'm trying to send a "silent" push notification on iOS using Mixpanel to trigger an app review request for users that meet a certain requirement. By silent I mean it should not be displayed to the user, but should trigger my

func application(_ application: UIApplication, didReceiveRemoteNotification userInfo: [AnyHashable : Any], fetchCompletionHandler completionHandler: @escaping (UIBackgroundFetchResult) -> Void)

function. I've tried adding {"content-available": 1} in the custom data of the message, but so far no luck.

I've added the Remote notification capability to my target, so I'm not sure what else to do. Has anyone been able to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

1 reply

Badge

Hey there @brutu,

I have run into this issues also and I reached out the support team about it....they let me know that Mixpanel does not offer true silent notifications. below I have shared what they sent me!

"While it's possible to set "content-available" to 1 within the JSON Payload of the message, Mixpanel will always include an "alert" value to create a visible notification to the user. Even if you don't provide a value for "alert", Mixpanel will use what you've included in the message designer."

They did let me know that there is a Product Gap on this feature and might get released soon. So maybe you can help by posting an Idea too