Solved

Email layout is breaking in inbox

• 23 March 2020
  • 4 replies

I am creating an email in Messages. While the email looks perfect in the composer, it breaks in the email inbox.

Here’s how it looks in composer:

Now in the inbox it looks like this:

Tried multiple times altering the blocks, but it always breaks. Please help.

icon

Best answer by stephanie 22 April 2020, 23:37

Closing the loop on this, what was causing the weird styling was due to the amount of blocks that are being used in the email.  When creating an email message, it is important to be mindful of the amount of blocks that are being used(E.g Stripe Contents [header, main, footer], Structure, and containers) in the email. If they cross over each other or too many are being used, it will cause some weird views and styling.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @tamal.richpanel,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing some problems with your email message.

Taking a look at your second picture (test email) it seems like the pictures is not loading on your email (top and bottom). Mind sharing the link for the images so I can do a test on my end?

It might be worth noting that if pictures are not hosted online, when they are linked they will not load in your email message. 

Ill be here for the links to your images! 

Hi Stephanie, 

Thank you for looking at this. The image is loading it’s not in the screenshot area. The main problem is the white spaces between the blocks. 

I have tried to take a full page screenshot. Here it is. Ignore the white horizontal strips, the tool I used couldn’t capture the screen well. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

thanks for the additional information @tamal.richpanel! I will follow up in a message as it might require sharing personal details to see what is happening.

I will circle back with any findings for anyone who is interested later!

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Closing the loop on this, what was causing the weird styling was due to the amount of blocks that are being used in the email.  When creating an email message, it is important to be mindful of the amount of blocks that are being used(E.g Stripe Contents [header, main, footer], Structure, and containers) in the email. If they cross over each other or too many are being used, it will cause some weird views and styling.