Question

Double optin subscribers?

• 21 December 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge

I am looking at notification feature of mixpanel. I have two questions

1) Normally, in aweber, we ask our email subscribers to subscribe to email list. Does this also happen in mixpanel? Can someone guide me to docs where I can read more about double opting my clients?

2) I am using a membership script to create a membership area in my website. I guess, I need to integrate mixpanel with sign up form . Can someone guide me to that specific doc which can help me in understanding this issue?

thanks

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @light -

1. You can send a people update with the email address of your user, when they subscribe. This would create a profile for them in Mixpanel, and you can use the email property to send them Mixpanel Messages. This doc will point you in the right direction, and it links to the people.set method in the developer docs too.

2. When users fill out the membership form, you can send a people update to Mixpanel, so that pertinent information is stored in a people profile for that specific user, and can be used later in targeted emails. You can even add event tracking to see when users fill out the form or register, in addition to people tracking.

Here is a great resource to learn more about the different use-cases of Events, Properties, and Profiles.

- Monica