Double notification received in the devices

• 18 December 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Please follow the steps:

1. Go to Explore section

2. Select device and select the push notification option

3. Provide the following sample JSON to the 'optional' field - "CUSTOM DATA" -- { "bookId": "5bdc03270ef0d8c26ed6858b", "title": "Parables of Change Volume 5", "type": "bookDetails" }

4. Click on the Submit button to complete the rest of the steps

5. Observe, the steps #4 is displaying error message for providing "push Notification message" data

6. Follow the instruction of step #5 and repeat step #4

Observe: The user is receiving double notification, one for providing "push notification message" and another for "CUSTOM DATA" field's JSON. We need this JSON to send a notification which will redirect users to a destined screen which has been mentioned through the JSON. Please help us, if 'custom data' can be merged with the 'push notification message'. Actually normal push notification message is only helping to open the app and not helping to redirect to a pre-defined screen.

icon

Best answer by ivanmuniz 20 December 2018, 10:11

Try to send notifications from Take Action instead of Explore, there you can target by user ID.

You can also try to use only the custom data field (you can insert the message in the JSON), leaving "push notification message" field blank.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Try to send notifications from Take Action instead of Explore, there you can target by user ID.

You can also try to use only the custom data field (you can insert the message in the JSON), leaving "push notification message" field blank.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @IvanMuniz

Thanks for your response. I tried in the same way (by using the Take Action panel), however, as I mentioned earlier, step #4 is displaying error message at step #5. So the "push notification message" field can not be left blank.

Kindly suggest, if I am missing anything. If required, I am reachable at - +919874194403

Regards,

Debmalya

Userlevel 3
Badge

Confirm that the user doesn´t have more than one "user device" value (android or ios devices). Or check for duplicate profiles: https://help.mixpanel.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004706866-Duplicate-Profiles-Or-Users-Getting-Messages-Twice

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @IvanMuniz

Yes, I am confirming that, there is no duplicate or more than one "user device" value. I request you to check the steps of reproducing. Are you also facing the validation message at step #4? Please let me know if I have any other way to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Debmalya

Userlevel 3
Badge

I confirm you can not leave the "push notification message" blank. Sorry, we had the same issue but we were not able to solve it. Fortunately it is only happening for few profiles.