Question

Can't upload p12 certificate to enable Push Notifications

Badge

I keep getting an invalid certificate error and a request to contact support. Unfortunately, when I reached out to support they couldn't help me because I am on the free plan. I need help with this bad. See the error message below.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

@ccooper -

Do you mind giving these solutions a shot? Hopefully they will help resolve the issue!

1. There may be an extension installed on the browser that's interfering with the check we make to validate a certificate when the certificate is uploaded. Could you try disabling any extensions you have enabled and see if you're able to upload the certificate?

2. One cause may be that the certificate you're uploading does not contain both the certificate and the key. I just want to make sure that you are selecting both the certificate AND the key it contains. You can find your private key by expanding the certificate row in Keychain Access and then you'll want to export both of them. Here's some more detailed instructions from our help center on how to set this up. The above help article also contains other useful information in configuring your app for push notifications. You must also ensure that you are not password protecting the exported certificate and key.

3. Lastly, if you're not already doing so, I'd also encourage you to use either Chrome or Firefox as a browser to upload the certificate.

Give these a try and please let me know the results.

Badge

I tried all three steps and I still am receiving the invalid certificate error message.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Ah okay. Is there any other errors you are getting on your console or other information you can share? Hopefully we can figure it out together.