Solved

Can't Upload p12 certificate for Push Notifications

Badge

I have followed these instructions to set up the proper certificate for Apple Push Notifications. I get the following error trying to upload a p12 Certificate.

"Error uploading file. Error: Invalid params"

I have ensured the AppID references the correct app bundle.

Thanks in advance for any help

icon

Best answer by cherise 31 January 2019, 18:20

Hi @yasha, @shahasad78, @EdiZ, @JulianTorres, and @Nestor we issued a fix to resolve the issue.

Additionally, here are a few tips when uploading your p12 certificate:

• Only the project owner is able to upload the certificate.
  • The certificate must not be password protected.
  • Confirm you select both the Certificate and the key it contains. You can find your private key by expanding the certificate row in Keychain Access and then you'll want to export both of them.

You can follow along with the directions listed our here in our help docs.

Thank you for writing into Community!

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, I am also having the same issue as you do, but I am wondering what did you mean by this statement: "I have ensured the AppID references the correct app bundle."

I have not seen any of that steps in the mixpanel interface itself. Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge

We're experience the same problem. This started since Mixpanel update the settings UI

Badge

I got it to work by accessing the old UI. It definitely is an issue with the beta UI.

Badge

We're experience the same problem.
@shahasad78 Can you please share a link to the old UI?

Badge

Hi there, sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Can you confirm that the APNS p12 certificates you tried to upload via the new UI were not password-protected?

Badge

Hi can you please tell me how to access the old UI @shahasad78
Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi @shahasad78, @JulianTorres, @EdiZ, @Nestor, and @yasha

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we are sorry to hear that you are running into these errors. Our engineers have isolated the issue and we are working on a fix. I will post to this thread when the bug is resolved.

Userlevel 4
Badge

APNS p12 certs are definitely not password protected. This used to work on old UI

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi @yasha, @shahasad78, @EdiZ, @JulianTorres, and @Nestor we issued a fix to resolve the issue.

Additionally, here are a few tips when uploading your p12 certificate:

• Only the project owner is able to upload the certificate.
  • The certificate must not be password protected.
  • Confirm you select both the Certificate and the key it contains. You can find your private key by expanding the certificate row in Keychain Access and then you'll want to export both of them.

You can follow along with the directions listed our here in our help docs.

Thank you for writing into Community!

Badge

Hi @cherise. Thanks! I already followed the instructions and it still doesnt work :(

Badge
@cherise never mind i tried it again and it worked!!!!! Thanks!