Question

Allow us to send emails from a custom email domain

• 13 February 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge

The documentation https://help.mixpanel.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004602603-Authenticating-Mixpanel-Email-with-DKIM walks through how to setup DKIM to validate emails being sent from a non-mixpanel domain, but no where in settings is there the option of setting the send email address (you can set reply-to but the sender still shows as datadrivenemail.com).

Also, the documentation doesn't make it clear how to properly setup SPF (what name does the TXT go under?).

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

@travisbloom -

Mixpanel requires that you add a public DKIM key to your DNS settings to get rid of the 'via datadrivenemail' text in your emails.

Here is a helpful article to give you more background on how to set up DKIM — The exact steps for altering your DNS settings differ for each provider.

As an example, instructions for a Rackspace provider can be seen here.

Once the DKIM key has been set I would recommend checking it with the dig +short mixpanel._domainkey.your-domain.com txt command as mentioned in our help article (be sure to change your-domain.com to your domain). It can take some time (up to 24 hours) for the DNS settings to take effect so it is a good idea to try some test emails before sending to customers.

Hope this helps!

Badge

Hi, got the same problem as travis. We set the DKIM i SPF and still e-mails are send by datadrivenemail.com. Where in the mixpanel we should set the correct e-mail to be send from ? @john.austin

@travisbloom did you resolve the issue?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@piotr Sometimes it can take hours to days for it get verified. I am curious to know when did you set up your DKIM & SPF?