Hey team ✌️
If you haven’t checked it out already, the new retention update has landed on the platform.
On today’s webinar I am going to be talking about it and providing some instructions on how best to use it - come and join us!
These are the steps I will be covering:
NB: Sign up is event A, the next significant event is event B. You can add a 1st time ever filter if you are looking at events post-sign up
- Select your events
- Select the unbounded option of ‘on or after’ which loosens the analysis e.g. on or after 7 days post sign up, for example
- Change timeframe criteria from day to month
- Set timeframe from 7 day standard to 6 month, for example (can be month, can be 3, can be 12) to see how retention changes month on month (which you have always been able to do)
- Now, you might want more detail; select ‘each month’ and choose ‘custom’ (this is where you can define retention alongside your freemium model; this is also good for businesses/users who are in a proof of concept stage)
- In the custom fields, enter in the duration of the time periods. For example, if you want to look at 7-day windows, put ‘7’ in each bracket
- Visualise your retention in 7-day blocks to see how your users are sticking around
- To be more granular, you can apply filters just like you can in ‘insights’. This might define those user on a specific premium plans where feature restrictions might apply
- Alt, you can also apply breakdowns to see this information by acquisition channel to assess campaign ROI