Sticky Solved

Customer engagement score on mixpanel

• 24 May 2022
  • 2 replies

• New Participant
  • 6 replies

Hello Team, I am trying to implement a customer engagement score for my company using mixpanel. The idea is to assign scores to customers based on the actions they perform and how often they perform these actions. The actions will be weighted based on significance.

My challenge is, i do not know if mixpanel has the capabilities that will enable me achieve this. I have done something similar in the past with data studio. Please can anyone have a clue how i can achieve this on mixpanel ?

icon

Best answer by nataliak 25 May 2022, 20:55

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi there! I think there’s a few ways to achieve what you may be looking for using Mixpanel. For example, you can perhaps create an Engagement score using our Insights report. You would first take a specific event and apply a formula to it in the "Formulas" section and then apply a breakdown by your user id - you can add more events to the query and create a more complex engagement score and assigning different weights to each event.

Alternatively, you can define "engaged" users in a manner that is currently supported by the Users report. For example, "engaged" users can be defined as users who have performed specific events more that a certain number of times in the last X days. 

Additionally, you may also want to send the Engagement Score as an event property for further analysis. I would say it depends on your end goal/use case.

Hello @nataliak Thank you very much for this insight. I have implemented it and it looks good. I have one more question about the last paragraph “you may also want to send the Engagement Score as an event property for further analysis.”. Implementing this will be the coolest thing ever but how can I create a custom property using events. Thanks and looking forward to your response again.