Insights People development over time (user base)

• 18 January 2019

What i miss in insights report is to see how my userbase developped over time. For example see how certain cohorts grew/decreased over time. This would be extreamly helpful to see how my user bases changes (in terms of total numbers) but also in terms of composition

Yes, I agree with this too. What I would also like to see is the ability to use a cohort size and be able to use this within formulas - so that effectively I can work out what percent of my whole user base (or cohort) is using a certain feature. I can't seem to do that without running two reports and manually crunching the numbers.

@CarinaSchwarz Thank you for sharing this feedback! We filed a product gap on your behalf with our Engineering and Product Development team. Make sure you are following this Idea - via the button in the upper right hand corner - to get emailed updates on its progress.

@danboblee I noticed that you signed up for Community with a different email address than your Mixpanel Account. If you update your email address, this would help us share your input with our Product and Engineering Team too! Just drop us a comment to let us know when you make the email change. In regards to second Idea, currently you are able to target cohorts in our Insights reports and perform formulas on them. Could you share more on what you are looking for?

Hi @CarinaSchwarz: the feature to let you view the size of your cohort over time is in closed beta right now, and I've whitelisted your project for this capability. To access this, please go to the Insights report -> Your top events -> Cohort -> select your cohort and you should be able to see the size graphed over time.

You can use the cohort size time-series and use that in a formula as well, @danboblee. In fact we run this analysis ourself: size of cohort X / size of weekly active users, and this should give you one graph that plots this formula. If you share your project details, we can get this whitelisted for you as well.

Cheers,

Moinak B

Senior Product Manager, Mixpanel

@CarinaSchwarz @moinakb I've updated my email address to the one I use in Mixpanel. Our org name is "Flux Federation". This "closed beta" feature you are referring to sounds like it will perfectly meet my need - so happy to be an early tester. Thanks!

Thanks - I've whitelisted a few of your top projects with this feature. To access this, please go to the Insights report -> Your top events -> Cohort -> select your cohort and you should be able to see the size graphed over time. You can then build a formula from this if you'd like after you add other events/cohorts that are needed for your formula.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Moinak

Thank you @moinakb for enabling this feature. This is useful, and I can definitely make use of it.

However, I note that the cohort size over time only changes for cohorts that are based upon events. The cohort size over time does not appear to change if the cohort is based upon user properties.

Is this something separate that needs activating?

Thanks, once again.

Mixpanel