How do I remove (not delete) reports from a dashboard?

I see the option for deleting a report on dashboards and I get a pop-up like this:

But I just want to remove reports on my dashboard and not permanently delete them yet. I may be missing the easy solution or I am just getting mixed up with the language. Can can anyone point me in the right direction?

Hay, jhobbs, intrestingly, I also need an answer to this question. I want to remove a report from a dasboard but I do not want to delete the original report. 

Hi @jhobbs and @Damilola Ogundipe I understand that if it’s the original report and not a copied card it will delete it, are you able to make a copy and add to a different dashboard or move the original elsewhere?

Hi @jhobbs and @Damilola Ogundipe does duplicating the report first help? 

https://community.mixpanel.com/building-analysis-reports-14/how-do-i-remove-a-report-from-a-dashboard-6302

Hi @jhobbs and @Damilola Ogundipe I understand that if it’s the original report and not a copied card it will delete it, are you able to make a copy and add to a different dashboard or move the original elsewhere?

So the process around this is:

• Ensuring it is copied/duplicated to some sort of ‘master’ dashboard or another dashboard (but a ‘master’ dashboard to be safe)
  • ‘Delete’ the report from the dashboard (which should remove it from the dashboard but not delete it because it was duplicated to live on another dashboard)

Process going forward:

• Every user is responsible for duplicating their reports onto the company’s ‘master’ dashboard

This works but it is a tedious work-around for this sort of functionality. 

Is there any chance a feature like this can be developed? Many other platforms allow you to remove reports from a dashboard without having to look it up to see if it is the only one.

The data cleaning would be so much easier if the report was decoupled from having to be on a dashboards and then go through a list of all reports not attached to a dashboards (HubSpot does this). 

@jhobbs Thanks for circling back to share the solution here! I’m going to convert this thread to an idea so I can share it with our product team!

Thanks so much @Jaz. 

Updated idea statusSUBMITTEDIN REVIEW