Allow for formulas with People Properties

• 28 May 2019

In our people properties we track a lot of different properties and it would be great to be able to create percentages out of some of these properties using the formulas capability in insights.

Hey @cpellows, currently you can target people properties inside of the Insight report and use formulas on them. Can you elaborate more on what you are looking to see in Mixpanel?

I have this request too.

My use case is this:

- we have a rapidly growing customer base (we are an energy company) with a web app and mobile app for customers

- not all of our customers use the web app and/or mobile app on a frequent basis

- I want to know what percentage of our customer base are using our app(s) in the last (example) 30 days

What I currently have to do is the following:

- run a report in insights to see the unique users in the last 30 days (A)

- do a cohort analysis (or use users|explore) to get the count of ALL of my users, irrespective of usage or not (B)

- divide (A) by (B) to get the overall usage percentage

Ideally, it would be great to use a cohort count as input into a formula.

As discussed on the other thread, please share your project details and we will enable this for you. This feature is currently in closed beta but should be in an open beta in the next few weeks.

Hi @moinakb. Our organisation is "Flux Federation". I also updated my profile's email address to match the email address I use for Mixpanel. Let me know if you need any more info.

@moinakb the project name is PatientPing. Let me know if I can provide additional information, and I will be sure to provide feedback here. Thank you!

hello again @cpellows: if you'd like to get access to visualizing a cohort size over time, I'd be happy to get you on that, but for the formula with people properties, could you elaborate on your use-case and what you can't do using Insights today? If you'd like, you can also send me an email at moinakb@mixpanel.com.

Mixpanel