Solved

What is the data retention period ?

Hi, 

We are considering to use MixPanel for our app analytics. Can I please know what is the retention period of data in your database.

Thanks, 

Swathi | Unity3D Developer

icon

Best answer by Pegah Adaskar 20 July 2021, 16:56

Hi Swathi,

Mixpanel offers unlimited data history & seats to all its customers. We wouldn’t delete your data unless you expressly tell our Support team to do so.

Please do let me know if there is anything else you need and I would be happy to help.

View original

6 replies

Hi Swathi,

Mixpanel offers unlimited data history & seats to all its customers. We wouldn’t delete your data unless you expressly tell our Support team to do so.

Please do let me know if there is anything else you need and I would be happy to help.

Hi, thanks for the reply. 

Glad to know Mixpanel will not delete the data. However, I have one more question - Can we use the Dashboard to view these data for a long range of time, say 3 years ?

Thanks, 

Swathi | Unity3D Developer

My pleasure Swathi!

The Mixpanel Dashboards do, indeed, allow you to view the data for a long date range. We don’t put any limits on the date range and you can either choose a default option or customise the time you want to visualise.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@Pegah Adaskar I believe Mixpanel has a 5 year data retention policy for GDPR compliance reasons.

https://help.mixpanel.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000345423-GDPR-Compliance#data-retention-policy

My pleasure Swathi!

The Mixpanel Dashboards do, indeed, allow you to view the data for a long date range. We don’t put any limits on the date range and you can either choose a default option or customise the time you want to visualise.

Great to know. Thanks much

Hi Scott,

You are correct; by default, we will retain up to 5 years of data. This can be customised up or down in total range.

Data can be retained longer than 5 years if explicitly requested by customers, or if sensitive to data retention you can also request to delete sooner than 5 years.

Mixpanel