Solved

We cannot seems to create custom event on "Starter" package

• 28 January 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone,

We are new to mixpanel and in the midst of exploring mixpanel and we are currently on “Starter” package. We are aware that “Starter” package can only create one “custom events” while “Growth” package can create 15. However that being said, we can’t create a custom event while we are on “Starter” package. When clicking “Create Custom Event” at “Insights” page, it happens nothing.

May I know whether do I need to request to Mix Panel team to allow to create a custom event or is it a bug?

Kindly advise.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by stephanie 29 January 2020, 18:32

Hi @neonplayer,

Thanks for reaching out, I have gone ahead and taken a look and the create a custom event seems to be working. Would you mind trying to create another custom event again via your Insights report? You will need to click on the event in the query builder. After clicking on it, there should be a drop down menu where at the bottom will say “Create custom event”.  I have attached a screenshot of my dummy project to help see how to do this. 

You may have seen this already, but I also wanted to share our help article on creating and managing custom events here. Hope this helps!

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @neonplayer,

Thanks for reaching out, I have gone ahead and taken a look and the create a custom event seems to be working. Would you mind trying to create another custom event again via your Insights report? You will need to click on the event in the query builder. After clicking on it, there should be a drop down menu where at the bottom will say “Create custom event”.  I have attached a screenshot of my dummy project to help see how to do this. 

You may have seen this already, but I also wanted to share our help article on creating and managing custom events here. Hope this helps!