Question

URL pages missing from Mixpanel, no changes in code.

• 9 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Hey gals + guys + non-binary folk,  

I have Mixpanel implemented via Segment and things are working, however it was brought to my attention that a few url pages are missing when searching using Loaded a Page.  The code implemented on the page for tracking the page and events is the same as all the other pages that are popping up in Mixpanel, so not sure what is going on.

I’m not sure if this is a Segment issue, or Mixpanel issue, but I thought I’d ask this community in case ya’ll had any ideas, or came across this issue yourself - thank you!

-Rachele 

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@DesignNuB —

Mixpanel will track any event that hits our API, so I would start by examining your Segment implementation. 

One way to do this is to see how and where “Loaded a Page” is defined within Segment. This is different from a standard “page view” event, so I wonder if there are specific pages or URLs that are left out here. 

It could also be worth checking Lexicon within Mixpanel to see if there are any events that are hidden from your UI.

Has this problem resolved itself? If so, I’d love to know what you did to find a solution! It would help anyone else running into a similar issue in the future. 

Mixpanel