Question

Unable to filter events by event property when creating an analysis chart

• 12 September 2020
  • 7 replies

We have events that have custom properties. For example, the “Page Viewed” event has a “Page Title” property. When viewing these events in Live View (Data Management > Live View), the event and its properties display as expected under “Your Properties”.

When I attempt to create a funnel (Analysis > Funnels) or retention (Analysis > Retention) chart, I would like to filter these events by our properties. For example, I would like to add a step in the Funnel where event === “Page Viewed” and filter this event by “Page Title === Home”.

I do not see any of our properties showing up in the list of properties that may be used to filter in a funnel.

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hey @rcrusoe ,

Any ad blockers enabled on your pc?

Hey @rcrusoe ,

Any ad blockers enabled on your pc?

I have an adblocker, but that doesn’t seem to affect anything. I seem to be able to view the event properties when I view ‘Any Event’, but not when I first select the event that the property is affiliated with.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I already got this case and cache + adblockers was my issue.

Do you see your event properties in the lexicon ?

I already got this case and cache + adblockers was my issue.

Do you see your event properties in the lexicon ?

I see the event properties when event = “Any Event” is selected. I also see the event properties in Live View

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

You didn’t answer my question :) Do you see your events and related event properties in the Lexicon. I’m trying to understand if Mixpanel matched your event and properties in the lexicon.

Whoops, sorry - didn’t realize the Lexicon was a separate page. Yes, I see the events and expected properties in the Lexicon.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I’m afraid I don’t have a solution. May be you should check with support@swapcard.com who can help you easily.