We have two websites
- Manages authentication (identity pages ie sign-in, sign-up, reset password, etc)
- Our actual SaaS app
- where we may have a user within the app on a distinct ID.
- And another user, on the same browser, signs up.
Don't want to have the events of those two users linked together. So we've opt not to have cross-browser cookies to manage the state.
- A user goes to sign-up with a sdk-generated distinct_id, alias it to our userId.
- It then sends the user to the app (starting with a sdk-generated distinct_id)
- and we "identify" them to their userId
Would the identity page's sdk-generated distinct_id (off the aliased userId) -MAP- to the "identified" userId based off the app's sdk-generated distinct_id?
Thinking of having our sign up pages have a "reset" so that every user going to that page is deemed to start a new journey. Is that a good idea?