Solved

Link click tracking in emails sent through Mixpanel Messages

• 27 January 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi,

I have a question regarding the click link tracking in emails sent through Mixpanel Messages. I read the following website https://help.mixpanel.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004690106-Track-Email-Open-Rates-and-Link-Clicks and tried measuring clicks on the emails we have sent. The documentation from Mixpanel regarding this functionality is not the most extensive, so I am just wondering whether I have understood things correctly.

Is it so, that in the Analyze part at the Messages section, there won't be any data about link clicks?

Is all data related to link clicks shown in the Analyze section? Funnels for example, like in the above link?

Is it possible to separate the link clicks between different links within the email? I was able to replicate the funnel shown in the above email in our own data, but I didn't find how I would be able to separate the click data between the different links we have in the email. For example, if there are 2000 clicks, and 3 separate links, I would want to understand how the clicks were divided between these different links.

Thanks in advance for all the help,

Jeremy

icon

Best answer by raja 28 January 2020, 22:26

...I didn't find how I would be able to separate the click data between the different links we have in the email. For example, if there are 2000 clicks, and 3 separate links, I would want to understand how the clicks were divided between these different links.

The link clicks trigger an event called “Message Link Clicked” which has a property called “URL” -- the URL is unique based on the link which was clicked. You could breakdown by that property to understand how the clicks were divided between different links.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

...I didn't find how I would be able to separate the click data between the different links we have in the email. For example, if there are 2000 clicks, and 3 separate links, I would want to understand how the clicks were divided between these different links.

The link clicks trigger an event called “Message Link Clicked” which has a property called “URL” -- the URL is unique based on the link which was clicked. You could breakdown by that property to understand how the clicks were divided between different links.

Badge

Hi,

Thank you Rajak, that solves my problem!

Br,

Jeremy

Userlevel 1
Badge

Can we use url parameters to track link clicks as well? For example, if I use the following link in an email message sent via Mixpanel…

<a href=”http://acme.com?utm_source=Mixpanel&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=firstTimeUserJulyA”>Sample Link</a>