Solved

Is there a way I can recover unidentified emails after I correct my settings at a later date

• 30 June 2021
  • 2 replies

At some point after implementing Mixpanel in our product, we removed the email property that was set with the profile after initialisation. We then realised emails were no longer being logged under the user table, it appeared as ‘undefined’. We have since corrected this.

The question now is; seeing as we now have data with ‘undefined’ emails.. will the ‘undefined’ emails get retroactively corrected to the right emails on MP when the users log back in?

Idea being that when Mixpanel initialises this time, it updates the user’s account properly because the email is being set this time.

icon

Best answer by Filip Nedelkovski 2 July 2021, 09:11

Hey @Osasp!

Mixpanel will auto-correct the correct email address once the user logs back. However, for the users that aren’t going to log in back, I think they will stay “undefined” until they come back. 

Have an awesome day! :) 

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@Filip Nedelkovski is this something you can help with?

Badge

Hey @Osasp!

Mixpanel will auto-correct the correct email address once the user logs back. However, for the users that aren’t going to log in back, I think they will stay “undefined” until they come back. 

Have an awesome day! :) 

Mixpanel