Question

Identified users being merged into one User Profile. Why?

• 13 January 2021
  • 0 replies

Hey All,

I am hoping someone can help, I am using the NPM SDK to integrate Mixpanel into my website.

I am currently doing everything the documentation is telling me, when an account is created I am calling `alias()` and when a user logs in I am calling `identify()`.

From what I can see all of the data is being sent to Mixpanel correctly but what is confusing me is how I view the users within Mixpanel.

What I am aiming for is having an individual User Profile within Mixpanel for each account I have on my website, when “User A” logs in to the website I expect to see “User A” in Mixpanel, the same for “User B” and so on.

What I am actually seeing is one singular User Profile, this User Profile has all of the identities and alias’s attached to it and all of the custom user ids that I have sent through the `identify()` function are all attached to this one User Profile under the distinct id. I believe you call this a cluster?

I would like to know how I can make it so that each user id in my system associates with only a singular User Profile in Mixpanel.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Luke.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

Mixpanel