Solved

How can I group users by a unique property?

• 2 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Good Morning!

We are currently a B2B Start-up. I am new at using Mix Panel and currently i´m struggling with data analisis.

We have companies who manage around 10 accounts, and when I filter by “Event A” it sends me the amount of users who do that Event. However, there are repeated users who belongs to the same company_name. I wanted to see if there is anyway I can group by company_name so I can see the companies who perform “Event A”.

I am currently using the “User” function but still I need to export to a CSV and then filter the data. However I would like to see it on my Dashboard.

icon

Best answer by Muffaddal Qutbuddin 3 August 2021, 16:59

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello @Charlie Padilla You can simply set the company_name as user property when they register. Doing so simply select the event and then breakdown by company_name people property will get you users events by company.

Hello @Charlie Padilla You can simply set the company_name as user property when they register. Doing so simply select the event and then breakdown by company_name people property will get you users events by company.

Hello, my situation is the same as the OP, the same company can have several employees, but when I make a query I don't want "unique employees", I want single companies.

I used id_person for unique user and added a property on that user called id_company containing the id of the company he belongs to.
However, in the queries I can't filter to select the id_company from the properties to be unique (to retrieve only 1 per company)

How do I do?

I’m facing the same issue. I’d like to do the EXACT same thing that @fabioselau  has described.