Solved

Do dropped events count towards MTUs?

• 10 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Hey gang,

Do dropped events count towards MTUs? I can’t seem to find the answer in the help centre.

I know ideally we’d just stop tracking the event but that’s proving to be a little tricky so I’d rather block on mixpanel’s end if possible/

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by nataliak 11 June 2021, 02:07

Hi @jamief! When you say dropped events, is this the feature you’re referring to?: https://help.mixpanel.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001307806-Lexicon-Overview#dropping-events-and-properties

If so, by dropping events in Lexicon, Mixpanel will not store or process any of the new event data that is sent to Mixpanel. The new dropped events that are to be sent into your project, won't count towards your quota as they won't be ingested into your project. However, events prior to dropping in Lexicon that have already been ingested into your project will still count towards your MTU tallies.

If you're looking to lower your MTU counts, it may be more advantageous to review your implementation to lower the number of events tracked, as you mentioned. But, in any case, dropping events in Lexicon should keep those events from being ingested and converted to MTUs.

Hope that helps!

View original

1 reply

Badge

Hi @jamief! When you say dropped events, is this the feature you’re referring to?: https://help.mixpanel.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001307806-Lexicon-Overview#dropping-events-and-properties

If so, by dropping events in Lexicon, Mixpanel will not store or process any of the new event data that is sent to Mixpanel. The new dropped events that are to be sent into your project, won't count towards your quota as they won't be ingested into your project. However, events prior to dropping in Lexicon that have already been ingested into your project will still count towards your MTU tallies.

If you're looking to lower your MTU counts, it may be more advantageous to review your implementation to lower the number of events tracked, as you mentioned. But, in any case, dropping events in Lexicon should keep those events from being ingested and converted to MTUs.

Hope that helps!

Mixpanel