Question

Create cohort with a CSV?

• 12 January 2021
  • 3 replies

I have a list of users who I’m giving some free product to, and another list who I’m not. I’d like to monitor some metrics and compare the groups. How can I do this? I assumed I could upload a csv with the email addresses of the cohort, but I don’t see any option for that.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

So there is no direct import csv option in Mixpanel as of yet. You can do two things to get profiles created in mixpanel/add property in profile with your CSV file.

First is to use cloud import to upload the csv. For this you will have to transform the data in the format needed by Mixpanel.

Second is write short script that reads your csv file and create profile in Mixpanel and updates property for you to use for cohort creation. 

thanks

Muffaddal

@Muffaddal Qutbuddin is there any other way? This is complex - I would really rather do anything else than write a custom script for Mixpanel. Is there any api to set user properties? Say I wrote a python script to take in a csv of emails and add a user property - how could I do that with the api?

There’s got to be a better solution :)

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Muffaddal Qutbuddin is there any other way? This is complex - I would really rather do anything else than write a custom script for Mixpanel. Is there any api to set user properties? Say I wrote a python script to take in a csv of emails and add a user property - how could I do that with the api?

There’s got to be a better solution :)

Apologies, Yes there is one more way you can create profile and csv can work as well. 
go to users > explore and hit create or update profile button.

Mixpanel