Solved

Create a cohort of developers/tester

Hello,

I would like to create a cohort that contains only the developers and track them based on the device (because while testing they create many accounts, install/uninstall the app etc)

What is the best way to do that?

I was thinking to use the the advertiseId but with iOS 14.5 is better to don’t use it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Muffaddal Qutbuddin 8 May 2021, 13:15

Hello @luhahaha , you will have to use some sort of identifier to filter dev profiles. Either use an email address with can be used to filter user or set a profile property only for devs. 

Email with special keyword is easy option as you won’t have to set any explicit property. 

For example dev uses <name>_dev@testing.com email address then you can filter with email > contains > _dev to get all the testing users. 

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hello @luhahaha , you will have to use some sort of identifier to filter dev profiles. Either use an email address with can be used to filter user or set a profile property only for devs. 

Email with special keyword is easy option as you won’t have to set any explicit property. 

For example dev uses <name>_dev@testing.com email address then you can filter with email > contains > _dev to get all the testing users. 

Thanks @Muffaddal Qutbuddin, the only problem is that in our app we are making an anonymous login so we don’t have the email in all the users. That’s why I was mentioning the AdvertiseId

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

thanks for clarification. the idea remains same we will need some common parameter to group dev users. 
Firebase dynamic links can also help. Add test utms and grab users from that.

Mixpanel