Solved

Can't see event properties in filters after selecting Events in Analysis > Insights

• 17 August 2020
  • 16 replies

Badge

I am trying to generate an insights report in my project. Whenever I select an event; for example Event A & later try to filter it with properties of  Event A, I fail to find the properties in the filter drop down & can only see *Create a Custom Property* whereas if I keep the selection as *Your Top Events* & try to filter it; then I can see all the event properties from all the events. 

If we see Data Management > Lexicon > Events > Event A > List Of Properties then the implementation looks good as I can see all the properties correctly listed under the corresponding events.

icon

Best answer by Prem 19 October 2020, 16:11

Thanks @anca, it was the default Ad Blocker of Brave browser that messed up Mixpanel insights page.

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Prem,

That sounds like a weird behaviour. May I ask you to start typing the name of the property and hit the “Specify ...” option that should pop up? Feel free to send me a link to your report in a private message and I’ll be happy to test.

Best,

Anca

We are currently experiencing this issue in our initial setup as well. Was there any resolution you found?

Thanks,
Trevor

Badge

Hi! @anca is it safe to share a link to report? What are the policies around the sharing of link? Obviously the data being private I have to seek permission internally as well. The issue has been so frustrating actually.

Sorry for late response.

Badge

We are currently experiencing this issue in our initial setup as well. Was there any resolution you found?

Thanks,
Trevor

Not Yet!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Prem —

I’d be happy to look into this with you.

Out of curiosity, are you looking for this property in a filter or in a breakdown?

• If you can see it in one format but not the other, this may be a bug or a caching issue—but if you can’t see the property in either dropdown then there might be something else going on. 
  • If it is a caching issue, then clearing your cookies, turning off ad-blockers, and clearing your cache would be a good first step.

Can you confirm a few things for me?

• In Lexicon, where you see the event property can you confirm that the status is “visible”?
  • Have these events been sent to your project in the past 30 days? Events and properties are hidden in the dropdown after 30 days of not getting triggered. 

It sounds like you can see the property if your report is displaying your Top Event, but not when you are specifying Event A. Can you confirm this?

• If this is the case, can you confirm that the property you are looking for is getting sent with the event in your query (Event A)? If not, then it will not show up as a property in the dropdown. 

We do not advise sharing sensitive data and reports publicly in the community. If you are working with a Mixpanel Employee (as marked in their profile), then you can DM your project # or a link to the report. 

Badge

It sounds like you can see the property if your report is displaying your Top Event, but not when you are specifying Event A. Can you confirm this?

Yes, this is precisely the issue.

We need to do follow this step currently to get our results:
Filter/Breakdown > Choose Event  → Wrong Method

We expect that following is the current flow:
Choose Event > Filter/breakdown  → Correct Method

Do you mean the implementation of tracking code inside our code base is wrongly done? 

> I need to check that part, but let us assume that we have wrongly implemented it for a moment. In that case I understand the Correct Method won’t work but Wrong Method can give us correct results if implementation is wrongly done as you said?

In short the reverse method or the wrong method works just fine currently.

Badge

@anca - I have DMed you the report link.

cc: @cherise 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thank you for sharing with me! I just sent you a direct message too, so hopefully we can figure out what is going on. We can circle back to this thread once we figure it out, for others that may be experiencing similar issues.

Badge

Hey @anca 

I have DMed you a followup video regarding the issue.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Prem,

Thanks for the follow up, I’ve escalated to Support as I was not able to reproduce the issue you’ve recorded.

Badge

Appreciate it! Will wait to hear back.

Badge

Thanks,
Trevor

It was the Brave browser Ad Blocker!

Badge

Thanks @anca, it was the default Ad Blocker of Brave browser that messed up Mixpanel insights page.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

So happy we identified this, thanks a lot for circling back so that @Jinjaah and other members of our community can see it.

Best,
Anca

Awesome, thank you for the follow up as well!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

This is so good to know! Thank you so much for following up @Prem !