Question

Besides live view, what is another way to view events in conjunction with the users who triggered them?

• 3 November 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge
  • Frequent Contributor
  • 5 replies

So far, I've mainly been looking at the live view, which I find helpful because I can see the user's distinct Id along with the event they triggered. I realize that the live view only outputs the most recent events, so I've been trying to find out the best way to view data over longer periods of time. I'm able, by clicking on "Impact," to see the number of times each event is fired, and the ups and downs in graph format over a 30 day time frame. However, I'm wondering if there's a way to view data in terms of which users are triggering which events? I don't see a way to filter the tracked events by user's distinct Id. Is there a way to do this?

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Elton

You can see what users trigger what event in Insights. You can set your query as "All Events" Total, and break down your report by a user property you can use to identify them, for example email or username. I have attached a screenshot of how I set up my query in Insights.

Something to keep in mind with this query is that all events will lump all of your events into one search. If you want to see each individual event, you would need to select each one on the query to see. Also, you data history depends on the type of plan you have.