Have you noticed our Champions in the Community? You’ve probably seen their usernames at the top of the leaderboard! Over the next few weeks, I will be announcing all of our Champions to tell you a bit more about the person behind the username.
Meet one of our Community Champions, Robin!
[Otherwise known as
1. Please tell us a bit about your role
I’m head of growth at Swapcard, an event platform for in-person and virtual events. I manage a team of 2 growth engineers, one marketer and one designer. We are focusing on lead generation for sales and self-service platform. I have a strong technical background which is really helpful to automate boring stuff and get thing done faster. I learned to code when I was 14 years old.
2. What Mixpanel reports are you currently using to support your business?
We use a lot funnels, flows, insights and signal to learn what our user are doing on our platform and what makes them purchase our self-service plan.
3. Where are you seeing the biggest value from Mixpanel?
You can dig in your data really easily. I don’t think people realize how easy it is nowadays to get insights from data so quickly when there is so many data point behind. Cohorts is the best features to understand deeply what’s going on by comparing groups and going in each profile in explorer to get an idea.
4. What is your favorite productivity tool?
I love Notion. You can organize all your ideas easily and in different format.
5. How do you balance work and personal life?
It’s actually really hard for me to have a good work balance. I really like my job. I do lot of sports to keep my body healthy. During sports, you forget your work issues and relax. It doesn’t prevent me to think at 1am to an issue I currently have ahah.
6. What are you usually doing at 11am on a Saturday?
On a Saturday at 11 am I like to go hiking in the mountain, I live close from them.
7. What is your favorite hobby? or what do you do to relax?
I like to read books, cook and go to the theater (I played 7 year in a theater group, I really enjoyed!)
8. Do you have any additional or fun information you'd like to share as it relates to your experience with Mixpanel?
- I wrote an article about Mixpanel in 2018 which made me known as the « Mixpanel guy » in Paris. https://robinherzog.fr/16-lessons-i-learned-after-a-year-of-mixpanel/
- I helped 4 customers in Paris to get Mixpanel installed. I stoped because having a full time job and doing freelance was too much.
- I also did 2 weeks of remote in SF where I visited Mixpanel offices!