Interview

Meet Josh, our new Community Champion!

• 29 September 2021
  • 0 replies
Meet Josh, our new Community Champion!
Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Have you noticed our Champions in the Community? You’ve probably seen their usernames at the top of the leaderboard! Over the next few weeks, I will be announcing all of our Community Champions to tell you a bit more about the person behind the username.

Meet one of our selected Community Champions, Josh Lloyd

1. Please tell us a bit about your role

I am the Managing Director of an app growth agency, Envision Digital. We support app-first businesses in their journey to sustainable growth. The typical business we work with are looking for a partner to support them with new user acquisition, customer engagement and retention, and maintaining their data & analytics to gain growth insights from. My role is to manage the relationship with our clients and to support them with the application of a scalable tech stack and strategies. I have spent 8 years in the industry at this point and recognised that there is a HUGE education gap when it comes to the mobile industry. I wake up every morning with the goal to reduce that gap and to provide businesses with the opportunity to have and optimise the best product out there on the market.

2. What Mixpanel reports are you currently using to support your business?

We use them all! Insights reports give us the top level information we need to answer the challenging questions. From there we utilise cohort analytics across funnel, flows and retention reports to bring our clients the insights they definitely require to be on top of their game and to make the right decisions. The most interesting for us is learning about how users are retained and even predicting and preventing their churn to increase the opportunity for growth.

3. Where are you seeing the biggest value from Mixpanel?

The value from Mixpanel comes in the form of truly understanding how users interact with a product. As we also run paid media campaigns, it is imperative to us and our clients that they know how people are using their product and whether it is being used as intended. This kind of information allows us to inform our marketing strategy. The best insight we can form is about WHO the user is and what are their traits as we can then pinpoint the emotional and feature-lead benefits to new people who might join the app in the future. All of this makes marketing 10x more powerful and, I believe, really sets us apart from some other organisations out there.

4. What is your favorite productivity tool?

I spend my life in Slack connecting with other businesses and helping to solve problems with data.

5. How do you balance work and personal life?

I am very strict with myself. While I choose to work a longer day, the evenings and weekends are for me and my family. This gives me the time to recharge my batteries so I can operate at my best for my clients.

6. What are you usually doing at 11am on a Saturday?

Typically I am taking the dog for a walk or relaxing in front of Sunday morning TV with a large cup of coffee and a bacon muffin.

7. What is your favorite hobby? or what do you do to relax?

I like to keep active so to unwind I am either on my bike or at the driving range. Aside from that, you can frequently catch me in front of the playstation with my mates.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!