Solved

Would like to find average of a value

• 19 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi, 

I am tracking the number of reads per author done in the last 30 days. This is straightforward as it directly gives me the value. However, since the number of posts published by each author can vary, I wanted to calculate the number of avg. reads per author based on the articles read.

Ex. 

Author 1

Unique articles that were read in the last 30 days (event-post title) - 10

Total no. of reads (event- read) - 300

Author 2

Unique articles that were read in the last 30 days (event-post title) - 1

Total no. of reads (event- read) - 40

I want the final metrics to be something like this

Author 2 - 40 (40/1)

Author 1 - 30 (300/10)

I can’t get this cause when I add post title event under breakdown, it segregates the total articles into individual article names.

This is what I use in insights reports

Event - Post reads

Breakdown - Author

Breakdown - Post title

I cannot use post title as event as it is not an event.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by Muffaddal Qutbuddin 19 February 2021, 12:59

Hello @georgio , There isn’t a way to count unique dimensions in Mixpanel, so no unique post count. But you can do following workaround to get to the numbers closer to actual thing.

Basically you will divide total read by unique reads and breakdown by author. This will get you avg reads per user. Note: Unique read will be unique users and not unique post

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hello @georgio , There isn’t a way to count unique dimensions in Mixpanel, so no unique post count. But you can do following workaround to get to the numbers closer to actual thing.

Basically you will divide total read by unique reads and breakdown by author. This will get you avg reads per user. Note: Unique read will be unique users and not unique post

Mixpanel