Solved

What is the difference between "Find interesting segments" to "Automatic Segmentation"

• 18 February 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I read that there are 2 nice features that really can help me in saving my analyzing time but i don’t know what is the difference between them, can you please explain?

1. Automatic segmentation 
  2. Find interesting segments 

Thanks!

Maayan

icon

Best answer by stephanie 24 February 2020, 19:30

@Maayanc8 

Mixpanel Automatic Segmentation is a machine learning tool that will break down data in order to surface actionable insights. Mixpanel analyzes Retention and Funnel reports and automatically segments each in order to surface data that deviates from the norm, calling attention to data that may have otherwise been missed. You can find Automatic Segments in the Notifications (bell icon) in the upper right hand corner of the UI, as well as under Notifications on Dashboard reports or saved reports.

Find interesting Segments determine which users are either driving conversion and retention or behaving as outliers by using the built in “Find Interesting Segments” feature.View the top and bottom converting segments in your funnel by clicking the, Find interesting segments button at the bottom of the segmentation chart.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Maayanc8 

Mixpanel Automatic Segmentation is a machine learning tool that will break down data in order to surface actionable insights. Mixpanel analyzes Retention and Funnel reports and automatically segments each in order to surface data that deviates from the norm, calling attention to data that may have otherwise been missed. You can find Automatic Segments in the Notifications (bell icon) in the upper right hand corner of the UI, as well as under Notifications on Dashboard reports or saved reports.

Find interesting Segments determine which users are either driving conversion and retention or behaving as outliers by using the built in “Find Interesting Segments” feature.View the top and bottom converting segments in your funnel by clicking the, Find interesting segments button at the bottom of the segmentation chart.