Solved

Using groups analytics for objects instead of company, account, team etc

Hey there Mixpanel Community 👋

First post here !

So I’ve setup Mixpanel & Segment on our product (more than 12k users)

We use Group Analytics to group users into teams, which is super useful !

But I’m encountering a big problem

In our product, users can create campaigns.

We have the following campaign-related events:

• Campaign Created
  • Campaign Launched
  • Campaign Deleted

In those event, I’ve added a property called campaign_id

I thought I was going to be able to group campaigns with this property to follow campaigns trends (What is the % of campaigns being created and deleted later on? What is the % of campaign created but not launched ?) 

But it seems you cannot do this using a id property, or maybe you can ? (first question !)

An alternative I thought of was to use Group Analytics and to create a Campaign Group, so that would allow me to do this, but I’m not sure if this is a correct solution because a it’s only for those campaign events that it makes sense (only 10% of my tracked events), so I would either add a random campaign for those other events or add a null value, is that even possible ? (second question !)

Thanks in advance !

icon

Best answer by Muffaddal Qutbuddin 20 June 2022, 20:17

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello @Rob the data noob . If you want to perform campaign level analysis you can use group analytics. Doesn't matter if only 10% of the events are relevant.

On the other hand if you want to see how many users created campaigns and off those how many launched etc you can go for default Mixpanel reports.

Userlevel 3
Badge

What Mufaddal said is accurate!