Solved

Tracking percentage of times watching a video leads to watching a related video.

• 23 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Here is a real world example of what we want to achieve.

On one page of our website, users can watch a video. There are also suggestions of related videos on the same page. We would like to track how often users go on to watch one of the related videos after watching the first video (on land on the page of the first video), using one of the Mixpanel built in reporting tools (Flow or Funnel).

Mixpanel can report say 6 out of 10 users watched a related video after landing on the page of the initial video.

However, what we would like to know is the following:

For the 10 users, they watched a video/landed on the page of a video 100 times. What percentage of these 100 events lead to users watching a further related video.

Thanks in advance for the community’s help.

icon

Best answer by cherise 17 December 2020, 06:01

@Team Sparks App —

I’m assuming you are using a Funnel report to asses this scenario:

Mixpanel can report say 6 out of 10 users watched a related video after landing on the page of the initial video.

can you confirm?

If so,  you can take the users that converted, and build a cohort that you can use to run deeper analysis which may help you dig into your question. Documented here: https://help.mixpanel.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025670271-Create-Cohorts-from-Funnels

That said, you have a really unique use-case that I think may be resolved through the study posted here — you can still sign up for a slot!

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Team Sparks App —

I’m assuming you are using a Funnel report to asses this scenario:

can you confirm?

If so,  you can take the users that converted, and build a cohort that you can use to run deeper analysis which may help you dig into your question. Documented here: https://help.mixpanel.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025670271-Create-Cohorts-from-Funnels

That said, you have a really unique use-case that I think may be resolved through the study posted here — you can still sign up for a slot!

Mixpanel