Question

Track events within a particular timeframe

• 16 September 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi,

Is there a way to define timeframe within which an event has been triggered? Lets say a 24 hour or 48 hour timeframe?

Ideally I would like to do the following:

If a user logs in (defined as event A) atleast once within a given 24 hour timeframe (form 3 PM to 3PM), then we count it as 1 login, irrespective of # of times the user would have logged in within that time frame. Something like event A >0 from 3 PM today(D0) to 3 PM tomorrow(D1), then count of event A =1, else event A = 0.

Tried going through https://help.mixpanel.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004695223 , but couldnt find what I was looking for.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @vindan, I am not sure if I am understanding your questions completely. It sounds like you would like to search for an event(Log-in) and have it only show the total count of that event for a particular time frame (Last 24 hours). If my assumption is correct, I believe you can achieve this with Mixpanel's Insights Report.

Below I have share a screenshot on my dummy report on how to set up your search to see the ocunt in a bar chart (SHOW TOTAL Log-in by Event Property Hour in the TIME Last 24 Hours ). If you want to see the exact hour or Day of each Log-in event, then you can break it down the special Date property.

I hope this helps!

Mixpanel