Solved

Silence custom alerts when Funnel sample size is too low

• 9 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Hello, we have a custom alert setup for a simple funnel - Event A to Event B. This alert fires when total conversion is less than 65%. 

The alert goes off everyday at night time as the sample size is too low (less than, say 10 data points) - is there a fix for this? Or would you be open to building any functionality to address this?

Thanks! 😄

icon

Best answer by anca 10 November 2020, 16:11

Hi @vibin 

Thanks for the extra context!

Regarding the notification, you cannot put a custom webhook, it’s designed to work with Slack only. You could build a custom alert though using our Funnel APIs, but this would require you to write a script and program the alert yourself.

I have passed on your feedback about the necessity to add a custom webhook URL in the notification feed. I’m sorry I cannot help you more on this occasion…

Best,
Anca

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @vibin ,

Thanks a lot for sending over your feedback, I will make sure our Product team gets your request.

May I ask, since the sample size is so small, what is the reason you would still like to keep the alert on?

One way to maybe reduce the “noise” is, if you are using Slack, to set up slack notifications instead of email: https://api.slack.com/messaging/webhooks:

Best,
Anca

hi @anca! replying inline:

May I ask, since the sample size is so small, what is the reason you would still like to keep the alert on?

the sample size is small only during night time...in other words, these alerts are critical for us only during day time.

One way to maybe reduce the “noise” is, if you are using Slack, to set up slack notifications instead of email

we use Google Chat - is there a way to put a custom webhook url in that field? if that’s possible, maybe we could use something like PagerDuty

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @vibin 

Thanks for the extra context!

Regarding the notification, you cannot put a custom webhook, it’s designed to work with Slack only. You could build a custom alert though using our Funnel APIs, but this would require you to write a script and program the alert yourself.

I have passed on your feedback about the necessity to add a custom webhook URL in the notification feed. I’m sorry I cannot help you more on this occasion…

Best,
Anca