Solved

Sharing reports with external customers

• 14 July 2020
  • 1 reply

• New Participant
  • 0 replies

Hi

I am trying to share some reports with an external customer that doesn’t have access to my MixPanel dashboards.  I created an email digest but it only shows the top 6 results in each of the graphs, so I’d like them to be able to access more detail (eg, in the email they can only see the usage data for their top 6 users, whereas I’d like them to see the top 30 or so).  If they click on the link to view the dashboard/report in MixPanel, then they have access to all of the data (for our other customers).  Would I create a new project for them and set it up from scratch?

Alternatively, I thought I could share the dashboard/report with them using the Share button, as outlined in this article but I can’t see a Share button.  Has the UI changed?  Would this be the best method of sharing a dashboard/report with a customer and only giving them read only access to one dashboard?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by mattsmith 21 July 2020, 17:35

Hi @Jane 

Unfortunately you are running into the limitations within the Email Digest from your dashboard.

There are some solutions to this, but they require you to have an Enterprise level Mixpanel account. If you have an Enterprise account (sorry I can’t see your organisation through the Community) then you would be able to create multiple Data Views of your project, and then invite external users to a carefully restricted project view which would allow them to see the reports but not edit or change anything.

To share a report you need to save it first, but if you’ve done that and still can’t see the option it might be worth logging a ticket with our support team for them to review. You can do that by selecting the Help ? in the top right of your project and selecting “Contact Support”.

Thanks a lot,

Matt

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi @Jane 

Unfortunately you are running into the limitations within the Email Digest from your dashboard.

There are some solutions to this, but they require you to have an Enterprise level Mixpanel account. If you have an Enterprise account (sorry I can’t see your organisation through the Community) then you would be able to create multiple Data Views of your project, and then invite external users to a carefully restricted project view which would allow them to see the reports but not edit or change anything.

To share a report you need to save it first, but if you’ve done that and still can’t see the option it might be worth logging a ticket with our support team for them to review. You can do that by selecting the Help ? in the top right of your project and selecting “Contact Support”.

Thanks a lot,

Matt