Question

Relative mobile users for event

• 15 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi guys,

I am trying to create a report that shows the percentage of events that were performed by users who were on mobile.

I found this article: Formulas: Calculating with numeric values - Mixpanel. However, this appears to be the old Mixpanel and I have no clue how I would tackle this in the newer version.

Any help?

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @jasperdansercoer you should be able to report the events, then add the breakdown on “operating system” or “device” depending on your tracking. You can then change the chart to display percentage instead of number as shown below and here.

Thanks for the answer @Jaz-CommunityManager 

However, I don’t seem to be able to historically plot this, to answer the question “Did the percentage of mobile users who completed event X increase”, which we were able to do with the older implementation of functions.

Or am I missing something?

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @jasperdansercoer yes you would just change the visualisation as shown here and below https://mixpanel.com/s/3mVEx3

@Jaz-CommunityManager But then we lose the percentage value again. I want to show a graph that shows the evolution of the relative number of mobile events. Your solution always only solve 1 aspect, either the relative display or the evolution..