Question

Percentage of users triggering same event but with unique properties in same session

• 3 August 2021
  • 0 replies

Hiya! So we have an event which is triggered in the app when users perform an action but that action can be triggered in multiple ways so we have a property on the event which changes depending on where it was triggered from. The event can be triggered multiple times in a session.

As a general example the Event is “Clicked” and the Property is “Page” with a string type of the name of the page. This is just a non-specific example, our actual events are more complicated :)

Some simple data of different sessions of the Clicked Event might look like:

Session Click Event Page Prop Click Event Page Prop Click Event Page Prop
Session 1 Page 1 Page 3 Page 1
Session 2 Page 1 Page 3 Page 1
Session 3 Page 2 Page 1 Page 2
Session 4 Page 1 Page 1 Page 1
Session 5 Page 1 Page 1 Page 1

I’m trying to create a report which will report the most common collections of properties where there are multiple different values for the Page Property across all sessions (the same value multiple times is fine as long as there are multiple unique values). For instance if the Clicked Event was triggered multiple times in most sessions with the Page Property: “Page 1” and “Page 3” that would be the top result with other results then cascading down from there. For instance with the data above the report would show:

Top: Page 1, Page 3
Second: Page 2, Page 1

The sessions where only Page 1 was in the Page property would be ignored because those are not unique. 

Wondering if anyone has any advice on how to go about structuring this kind of report (or if it is even possible)? I don’t mind what the visualisation looks like in the end as long as I can say “These are the top properties reported across sessions”.

Hopefully what I’m asking for makes sense let me know if anything is unclear :)

0 replies

Be the first to reply!