Solved

New/Returning Users Analysis

• 27 March 2020
  • 1 reply

We are analyzing the drop off between one event to another. We would like to breakdown this drop-off by users who haven't seen the first page yet, and those who have (new vs. returning). Cohorts won't work because it is attached to a user and not to a session. Any ideas for a formula to separate new/returning?

icon

Best answer by mattsmith 17 April 2020, 17:02

Hi Sauchuk,

My advice here would be to create two different Cohorts, as you can select the Event you want people to have done (Viewed Homepage / First Page) and then one cohort can be “Did” do the Event, and one can be “Did Not” do the event.

Once you have done this you can create a Funnel of the steps you want users to do,  and then under “Breakdown” for the Funnel you can select your two Cohorts and see how they are moving between your steps, and see the conversion %.

I hope this makes sense, if not you can reply to this message and we can check again.

Thanks a lot,

Matt

View original

1 reply

Badge +2

Hi Sauchuk,

My advice here would be to create two different Cohorts, as you can select the Event you want people to have done (Viewed Homepage / First Page) and then one cohort can be “Did” do the Event, and one can be “Did Not” do the event.

Once you have done this you can create a Funnel of the steps you want users to do,  and then under “Breakdown” for the Funnel you can select your two Cohorts and see how they are moving between your steps, and see the conversion %.

I hope this makes sense, if not you can reply to this message and we can check again.

Thanks a lot,

Matt