Solved

Lexicon - Change display names for property values

• 15 April 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge

I have a super property on events that can have four values, say 1, 2, 3, 4 each representing one country. In Lexicon, I change the display name of this property but can I change the display names of individual values? Or maybe custom typecasting feature would help?

This would be very useful for reports, as we want to show the customer easy to read labels, not raw enums.

icon

Best answer by cherise 13 July 2019, 00:43

@marek.shape, @Marcel, @stephanie.whitlock -

Right now it is not possible to change the names of property values that are sent to your project.

That being said, I think this is a great feedback on our available features, and out product managers would love to hear about the specific examples that you described here.

If you post this in the Ideas section (rather than Q&A) we can log a product gap on your behalf and it will get better visibility from our product team and can get votes from the community. Also, when you post as an Idea, you can "follow" the Idea and receive emailed updates on the progress.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey @marek.shape!!! I ran into this before too, it could be a permissions issue. I kept seeing that I should be able to edit the event property on their knowledge article but then I realized that I was not a an Admin in the project. Essentially, you need to ask the Owner of the project to give you rights to edit by changing your role to Admin or owner 😉 https://help.mixpanel.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024613412--Project-Roles-and-Permissions- Hope this helps you ouuutt!

Userlevel 2
Badge

I don't see it. I have the same problem as the author. It is about the property values, not the property name. That would be really nice because at the moment I'm only seeing a bunch of ID's in my charts... I could add some descriptive property too, but that would pollute the App and also the tracking, because the Naming could change.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@marek.shape, @Marcel, @stephanie.whitlock -

Right now it is not possible to change the names of property values that are sent to your project.

That being said, I think this is a great feedback on our available features, and out product managers would love to hear about the specific examples that you described here.

If you post this in the Ideas section (rather than Q&A) we can log a product gap on your behalf and it will get better visibility from our product team and can get votes from the community. Also, when you post as an Idea, you can "follow" the Idea and receive emailed updates on the progress.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@marek.shape @stephanie.whitlock @Marcel

We're pleased to let you know we’ve recently launched a feature called Custom Properties, which lets you take existing event or people properties and create new properties with Excel-like formulas.

Custom Properties empowers you to modify your property values with simple-to-use Excel-like formulas. If the data exists in Mixpanel, Custom Properties can let you derive new properties that match your business logic to help you answer questions about user behavior without your development team needing to send in new properties.

Please take a look at our Custom Properties article to learn more.