Solved

Is it possible to make custom user properties

• 16 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Hey Mixpanel community! :raised_hand:

I want to do an analysis on our super users. Optimally I want to define these based on user properties, as opposed to events. We are pushing user properties to Mixpanel from our app, so we have the full history of their profiles - including anything that happened before Mixpanel was installed.

Now optimally I want to define the super users as having done a sum of several different things. Meaning they would be a super user if they have done more than 100 of the sum of user property A, user property B, and so on.

Now to do this I would have to create a custom user property which is the sum of these properties. I know it is possible to create custom events, but is it possible to create a custom user property like this? Or how can I achieve creating the super user cohort based on this?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by mattsmith 21 July 2020, 17:28

Hi @MarkusFromFriendspire 

Yes this is definitely something that can be done!

You can create Custom Properties throughout Mixpanel by using any one of the formulas and functions listed in this help article. One of them would allow you to combine values from Properties, allowing you to track a combination property as you have described in your question.

You could then create a Cohort of those Super Users who have performed your new custom property however many times you want to define.

Let me know if this works,

Matt

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi @MarkusFromFriendspire 

Yes this is definitely something that can be done!

You can create Custom Properties throughout Mixpanel by using any one of the formulas and functions listed in this help article. One of them would allow you to combine values from Properties, allowing you to track a combination property as you have described in your question.

You could then create a Cohort of those Super Users who have performed your new custom property however many times you want to define.

Let me know if this works,

Matt

Thank you! This worked perfectly. :pray: