Solved

Insights report with event breakdown by hour of day only showing partial chart on a dashboard

• 6 November 2020
  • 1 reply

• New Participant
  • 0 replies

I feel like I must be missing something here-- I’ve got an insight report breaking down Session Start by “Date (Hour of Day” and it gives me this great bar chart, showing that the majority of users in this segment are starting sessions around 5AM:

But when I add the report to a dashboard I get this, which is just a chunk of the full chart, in reverse order:

The numbers it’s showing are correct but entirely incomplete. It’s useless on the dashboard because it doesn’t show the full spread and misses the peak activity.

Changing the widget size doesn’t make a difference-- it only ever shows 6 bars from the middle of the actual full report. I’ve tried looking for a setting to bucket the times into groups (so it could show the full range of hours in a day within the 6 bars it seems like the dashboard chart is limited to) but I can’t find anything.

All of the other charts I’ve used seem to scale so well on the dashboard so I feel like there must be some setting I’m just overlooking-- surely showing a random chunk of a chart isn’t the intended behavior here!

Anyone have any thoughts?

icon

Best answer by Peishan 9 November 2020, 03:33

Hi Amyp,

Thanks for the feedback. There are two issues here - one of which is the weird sorting behaviour that you’ve pointed out. This is a known issue that the team has on the backlog to fix.

The other is your ask to see more than 6 bars on the dashboards. This is something that other customers have requested as well, and is on the product team’s longer term backlog as well.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Amyp,

Thanks for the feedback. There are two issues here - one of which is the weird sorting behaviour that you’ve pointed out. This is a known issue that the team has on the backlog to fix.

The other is your ask to see more than 6 bars on the dashboards. This is something that other customers have requested as well, and is on the product team’s longer term backlog as well.