Question

Insights groups IDs as numerical values instead of strings

• 3 June 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have an event property that is composed of ID numbers and in the Insights breakdown they are grouped like numbers instead of strings. Is there a way to split them into strings instead of number groups?

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @homesnapperSD! I believe you can change the data type by doing Typecasting. This article explains how to change the data type https://help.mixpanel.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004547063-Properties-Supported-Data-Types#typecasting. Hope it helps!

Badge

@annecamacho Thanks for responding! Unfortunately this is already typecast as a number, if I typecast as a string it shows a name instead. Each of the Variants is stored with an email name (string) and id number (number) and I'm trying to get Mixpanel to breakout the individual id numbers.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@homesnapperSD I see what you mean. I think the best thing might be to filter by the range of number you want to see. Maybe do a filter range between the number of 800K - 850K to have a more detailed break down? I am not sure if this might be worth sharing as an idea as well!