Question

Inconsistent data?

• 24 July 2020
  • 1 reply

• New Participant
  • 0 replies

Hello everyone, would really appreciate some help with some funnels i’ve created. Maybe i’m approaching it the wrong way.

For background this is a mobile app. I’m using First App Open event to start- there are then 2 options at this point 1. onboarding_get_started or 2. already_have_an_account

In an ideal world, I want create a funnel that shows number of users who complete step 1 or step 2 and then the drop off at this point where users do neither. I created a custom event here to include either event 1 or 2, this appeared to give me what i needed but when comparing the numbers to previous funnels i created with event 1 and 2 separated out the numbers do not match up. My assumption would be the 3rd graph should display 37 (24+13) user who converted but there are only 28. Any help appreciated.

I know flows provides quite a nice visualisation but I can’t seem to save this to the dashboard

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi @KHH 

This is definitely strange behaviour, so my suggestion would be to create a Cohort of the final steps of each of your 3 funnels (click on the final step, select > Create Cohort) and then view each of them in Explore to see which user doesn’t seem to count in the individual funnels, but does count in your custom event funnel.

Once you have done that, if there is still an error let us know and we can investigate further.

Thanks a lot,

Matt

Mixpanel